Thursday, April 17, 2008

US Stuff

During my time in away from the US, a common question when coming home is "what are you looking forward to eating the most?". Most of the time, I have no answer. I normally find the food I'm looking for and not having huge cravings. (As a side note, I dearly missed PB cups for awhile, but luckily those can be mailed). So after being in the US for roughly two weeks, I have stumbled upon two food products that I crave.

1. Arizona Iced Tea, preferably in a can. Now today, I spent a good half an hour trying to find this product and much to my dismay, supermarkets do not carry it like they used to. I'm not quite sure my fascination with this product, but I love how one can will last me the entire afternoon. I was very disappointed that I could not find any raspberry iced tea, only lemon flavor, which will have to do for now. It would be nice if the raspberry iced tea magically appeared for my next trip home.

2. Alden Merrell Carrot Cake - Ok so in reality you can probably get carrot cake anywhere. I've had it while in Japan, but somehow it's just not the same. Carrot cake is one of those foods that I'm particularly finicky about - but this carrot cake is to die for. Apparently, I'm not the only one who thinks so: http://www.chowhound.com/topics/384903

No comments: