Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Beacon and Turley!


Beacon has become our team's favorite steakhouse in Japan. Part of this may be due to the fact that the entire staff speaks English, the food is excellent, and for a small time you can pretend you're not in Japan. My favorite thing about Beacon was it's burger and zinfandel Sundays. This was the only day of the week they did burgers and specially priced bottles of zinfandel. The burgers were great, especially when accompanied by a side of garlic mashed potatoes and it was nice to see a high class restaurant try to tone it down a bit. Don't get me wrong, the filet (which I get every other time) is also amazing. I hear they also have a great Sunday brunch, which I haven't had the pleasure of trying yet.

Now the last time I was at Beacon, I was introduced to this new Californian red wine made by Turley vineyards. Before I even tasted it, the vineyard's praises were being said. I was told that I was guaranteed to fall in love with it. The catch being, it's almost impossible to get. And they were right on all accounts. The wine was amazing and it is indeed impossible to get. The vineyard simply only produces a small number of bottles, so you can't buy it in bulk or really at all. In fact, to be put on the mailing list for the winery you need to be placed on a waiting list first!! So please, if you come across any bottle of wine made by Turley, please send it to me!

Beacon - Shibuya 1-2-5, 11:30am-3pm, 6-10pm - 03-6418-0077

No comments: